Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Early Autumn


All around, I'm seeing and feeling the beauty of early autumn. There's a slight wind in the air and the squirrels and the crows are dancing around. Picking plums, apples and pears from the trees in my yard. Sipping a double spice chai tea. Today I took the sweetest walk, just seeing sights in my small town neighborhood. Love this time of year!





And in the studio, I'm working on Early America dolls for a local shop! I designed the patterns a few years back, and it's fun to bring these out again. They are somewhat inspired by the historical Izannah Walker dolls, I fell in love with them and wanted to make something like one myself. The dolls have sculpted Paperclay heads, and painted cloth bodies. I will paint their faces and give their feet boots with laces. Then I will sew simple dresses and petticoats for them from these pretty fall, Civil War reproduction fabrics. More on these coming as I finish them!




And, my Country Apple quilted pillow pattern is now available on Craftsy. Two pillows are included in this one- an applique and a patchwork. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment