Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Crafty Design Ideas: Wedding Scrapbook









Album: K & Company
In honor of our anniversary, I put the finishing touches on our wedding scrapbook album this past weekend! Jeff and I were married two yrs ago on the Oregon coast and it was a magical day.  ♥


My vision for our album was to combine elements in nature with a touch of elegance and romance. Since we were married at the ocean, I used a combination of sheer and embossed wedding papers, shell and sand papers, hand-cut flourishes, stamps and embellishments.


I chose ocean blue as our wedding color along with a spiral motif to symbolize eternity...


I arranged the book chronologically, and created a unique border for the page spread in each section.
Thanks to the lovely Sarah McAllister Photography, we have so many gorgeous photos from our special day. On each page, I combined three to four photos in collage style.


Of course, I had to make my dress! I based the design on Simplicity 1909...



To create scalloped edges on many of the page elements, I used a variety of Fiskars paper edgers. Love these scissors. I've had them a long time and I use them for everything!


For the ceremony pages, I used the ocean paper with rhinestone spirals and hearts. I printed a verse from our ceremony for each page in this section which we wrote together...



I chose Jolee's Boutique sticker embellishments (bells, birds and flowers) as accents throughout the album.


And the trim around the photos are hand-stamped flourish motifs accented with Holbein silver glitter paint at the points. The bottle has a super-fine tip, and their paint is saturated with glitter which is nice for fine detail.




Leave it to Iko cat to help me too.... :)



Photo corners and flourishes were made with a stamp set using Brilliance Dew Drops silver ink pad to create an old-fashioned look.


Added sheer ribbon edging on a few photos for a romantic effect...





 


---♥---♥---♥---

Follow RPS #craftydesignideas on Instagram for more inspiration!

Browse free craft project tutorials and patterns on robinphillipsstudio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment