Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer Harvest

How abundant everything is right now, such a delight! The garden is in full harvest, and things have grown huge. We have lettuces, large zucchinis, squash, peppers, carrots and cucumbers. I've given away many this week to friends, which is the best part :)


Unbelievable how high the tomatoes are



Harvest photos! How big everything is, I am so thankful :-)



The neighbor's garden is cute too!


In summer inspiration, I'm excited to have started a new piece, Sun Spirit.  The face is polymer clay with peyote beading. The sun will glow over a wildflower garden with stones and butterflies. It's a companion to my piece Moon Spirit. :)

 And I'm making bright summer flower pillow shams for a friend. I call these 'tropical flowers',  based on grandmother flower garden quilt pattern, but with a large floral center. The back side will be light green and the front white, with the flowers appliqued and white eyelet trim. It's so fun making the flowers using the paper piecing technique.


 And for more inspiration.... I went to the Portland Rose Garden recently. So beautiful. Is this not the most perfect rose?  I love summer.





No comments:

Post a Comment