Monday, May 28, 2012

Garden Time!


I always find so much joy spending time in my garden and visiting gardens. As an artist, I love to study flowers and watch them grow. And now it's growing season! Our vegetable garden is taking shape. We planted carrots, lettuces, cabbages, beans, peas, squash, eggplants, tomatoes. The artichoke, chives and oregano are still thriving from last year, what a treat!





For Mother's Day, I took my Mom to the Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens,  A beautiful garden and historic home north of Portland, with many varieties of lilacs. Truly a sweet and magical place!



This weekend, I walked around the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden, a beautiful and often overlooked garden in Portland. Everything was in full bloom.  
I will come back and paint here sometime!


What are your favorite gardens to visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment