Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beach Cottage


A magical summer weekend at a beach cottage on the Oregon coast. I love the ocean, the mist, the sights and smells. I could get lost on the beach forever! The way driftwood washes on the beach and the ripples in the sand. Fresh fish to fry and eat, games and movies, and a sky that never ends....


Cape Perpetua State Park, many fun trails and views!


The dogs swam and played and fought over sticks and frisbees :)



Inside the cottage, we put together a Charles Wysocki puzzle. I love his sweet, folk art America scenes :) Had to get another one to work on at home!


And cottage inspiration came home with me.... Here's the start of my beach cottage quilt table runner. First I created the pattern and measurements on the computer, and then started piecing. I hope to have the pattern available for sale soon. Stay tuned for more details!  Update: The Beach Cottage Table Runner sewing pattern is now available in the RPS gift shop!


A super cute beach cottage pattern from Country Cottage Needleworks, I had to get this one! I just love the effect of the variegated threads in the trees and roof. Crescent Colors Willow is used in the trees.

The Old Beach Cottage ©2012
And finally, I started a new painting inspired by the cottage, still working on the details....
See more of my art on RPS Facebook,  where I post new images often. Happy July!

No comments:

Post a Comment