Monday, September 29, 2014

Pets in the Studio










It's no secret that I am an animal lover. And I love photographing and sketching my sweeties.  I also enjoy painting custom pet portraits! On a typical day, I'm usually surrounded by pets in my studio and office. Whether I'm working on the computer designing graphics and websites or in the studio painting or sewing, they are always nearby! Follow my pack on instagram - #petsinthestudio 
 


Phantom, my Lab mix/ Catahoula Leopard is always at my feet.



Kiva, our German Shepherd is usually nearby too.


Iko, my Flame Point Siamese, likes being on top of everything!




And napping with my Sweetheart Lace pillow ....



A new little lady has now joined the studio... meet Gina cat! She's sweet and sassy, but mostly sweet. Doesn't she fit in quite well?







Our old little Jorellis cat passed on a few months ago (she was 18 and had brain tumors/seizures). I am glad she had the chance to sit in my studio sunroom windows in our new house at the end of her life. I think her happiest moments were snuggling on my fabrics in the sun. She was my first princess kitty and she lived with me her whole 18 yrs. Peace be with you my baby...




I've adopted twice from Oregon's Humane Society, if you're looking for a new pet this is a great place to go.

Cassidy the snake (my husband's oldest pet) lives in the library room amongst arts and crafts books.



And finally, a school of Koi fish now live in our Japanese garden pond, our newest animal friends!



"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anatole France

No comments:

Post a Comment