Saturday, June 18, 2011

Moon and Sun, Summer House

I'm excited to share a new piece, Moon Spirit. I finished it just after the full moon/lunar eclipse this week! The moon is beaded on leather with peyote stitch and then I sewed it onto the canvas. I sculpted the face in polymer clay, a few years ago and when I came across it again in my materials stash, I saw it was perfect for this piece.  I have a sun face too that will be soon become a Sun Spirit piece. - There are a lot of bits and pieces I've made or started or collected, that are just waiting to be used in something, I'm sure all artists/crafters out there can relate :) Would love to hear more about your creative or garden projects!

Moon Spirit ©2011


A fun collection of faces waiting to be used...


Recently I created two treasuries on Etsy artists that make garden art, moon art or gifts! There are so many amazing artists on Etsy. Check it out!

Etsy Moon Visions Treasury 
Etsy Garden Inspirations Treasury

I decorated the house for summer, with bright and sunny colors. Here's my sun patchwork pillow :)


And a summer table runner... I love these bright colors.


The garden has grown so much more!


We are off on a summer road trip soon to explore the West. I'll have pictures and inspiration to share when I get back!  Happy summer everyone!

1 comment: